Programmer / Developer Operations at Vettvangur
Vettvangur provides web-based solutions often built with .Net &
2016 — Present | https://www.vettvangur.is
Developed web solutions for a number of Icelandic entities including
Eimskip, Directorate of Health, Michelsen, ASÍ, BGS, 66° North and Mín
- Mentoring junior backend developers
- Lead developer on a number of projects I was involved in
- Managing the on-premise network, Active Directory (AD), Azure cloud
integration & Vpn connections
- DevOps solutions.
- Lead programmer for MinLidan which won the 2019 Icelandic web award for best web-based system.
- Configured an on-premise Active Directory (AD) simplifying access
to shared resources, servers and databases.
- Integrated on-premise AD to Azure AD and configured Azure AD SSO to
various online services (Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, Asana, GitHub).
- Developed a suite of PowerShell scripts that automate local and
remote IIS/MSSQL/AD configuration related to provisioning a new website. https://github.com/gunnim/SitePowerSetup
- Created the open-source project https://github.com/Vettvangur/Vettvangur.IcelandAuth which allows for easy integration with the island.is authentication
- Developed Umbraco integrations for a number of international and
Icelandic payment providers for use in-house.
- Security Assessment & Code review for clients such as
Sjóvá & Íslandspóstur following the OWASP top 10 and various
other web focused security techniques (f.x. CSP, HSTS).
- Researched solutions to unify application logging. For our uniform
logging events I went old-school and created an Excel spreadsheet with VBA macros reading from
Sql over other solutions more suited to logs from disparate sources.
Systems Administrator at Tölvu og
Tölvu og Tækniþjónustan is an IT contractor
offering on-premise system administration, design and support.
2008 — 2015
Setup and day-to-day operations of network equipment and servers for
Icelandic brewery Ölgerðin Egill Skallagrímsson & the interest groups in
Borgartún 35 among others.
Was heavily involved with the redesign, setup and maintenance of
Ölgerðin’s network infrastructure during the 2009 migration to its current
- Deployed a trio of CentOS servers responsible for internet DNS
requests for all domains owned by their clients.
- Configuration and management of a VMWare virtualization solution.
- Migration from VMWare to Hyper-V.
Employed at Nýherji/Vodafone/Skýrr
IT solutions / Telecommunications / IT solutions
2005 — 2007
Computer assembly, home internet customer service &